Basic Guide To Eating Clean
Do You Want to Feel High Energy All Day, Improve Your Mood, Lose Inches and End Your Cravings For Good?
That is what eating clean helps you do…
Eating clean is about knowing how to choose foods so you eat for energy. When you eat for energy, you are not eating for cravings, or for a feeling of fullness, or for a quick boost in your mood. You are literally eating to get a noticeable boost in your energy.
When you put gas in your car, you allow your car to go longer. Food should do the same for you.
But for many of us it food doesn’t do that because we are not choosing “clean foods”. Eating, the way most people eat, with fast food, processed food, sugars, and preservatives slows you down and takes energy away. For many people “food Coma” and the afternoon slump is considered normal.
If you eat and you feel more energetic, you will lose weight and look and feel great.
Eating clean means you know what foods to eat and when to eat them so you get more energy from food.
This causes you to lose the weight you want to lose.
Here is the basic guide to eating clean…
- Eat 5 – 6 small meals throughout the day rather than 2 – 3 larger meals in a day.
- Eat every 2 – 3 hours.
- Combine lean protein and complex carbs at every meal.
- Consume adequate healthy fats every day.
- Drink at least 2 liters (8 cups) of water every day.
- Never miss a meal, especially breakfast.
- Prepare and bring your food with you so you do not get stuck having to eat something that is not good for you.
- Avoid all over-processed foods, refined foods, especially white flour and sugar.
- Avoid saturated and trans fats.
- Avoid sugar-loaded drinks like soda, juices and alcohol (alcohol is pure sugar in your body).
Start with one of the principles and start incorporating it into your day. Then add another. You will find there are so many choices of foods out there, that taste incredible, are easy to prepare, give you never-ending variety and raise your energy levels all day.
A fantastic resource for eating clean recipes is The Eat-Clean Diet Cookbook 2: Over 150 brand new great-tasting recipes that keep you lean!
The Eat Clean Diet by Tosca Reno is a great book that I always recommend this book to everyone who wants to know about eating clean, because it explains it in terms that everyone can understand, is easy to follow and has great recipes.
Read more about diet tips for Eating Clean –> Diet Tips