Blueberry Kale Smoothie:
Healthy Alternative Recipes For Weight Loss: Okay, here is my easy healthy recipes for my latest smoothie obsession. It’s my blueberry kale protein smoothie.
I love having this smoothie first thing in the morning. It so hydrating and fresh tasting, and it really gives you a lot of energy and jump starts your day.
I know you might be freaking out thinking…. “kale in my smoothie… gross!” But honestly, it’s really delicious. You won’t notice the kale in taste, but you will notice it in how great you feel, and how it helps smash cravings later in the day.
This blueberry kale smoothie is soooooooooooo simple to make too, and will literally take you just a few minutes.
It has five simple ingredients:
- 1 cup water
- ¾-1 cup Blueberries
- 3-5 stalks of Kale
- 1 scoop Natural Vanilla Protein Powder
Stevia to taste
Put all ingredients in your mixture and blend until smooth. And there you have it… one of my power-packed and easy healthy recipes.
Blueberries offer so many nutritional benefits.
- The natural dye that gives blueberries their blue color is called anthocyanin. This protects your brain cells!
- The antioxidants in blueberries help to calm inflammation.
- The antioxidants in blueberries also have been shown to help prevent cancer.
- Just 8 ounces of blueberries contain 5 grams of fiber
- Blueberries help to protect your eyesight
If you are not adding kale in your diet, you really need to. Kale is another one of nature’s miracle foods with tons of benefits. This and many other easy healthy recipes is a great way to add kale to your diet.
One cup of kale has as much vitamin C as an orange, and provides as much calcium as one cup of milk, and the calcium in kale is more absorbable than the calcium in milk, so it helps to prevent osteoporosis, arthritis and bone loss.
- Kale is rich in vitamin A—essential for visual and immune functions.
- Kale is the richest of the greens in the phytochemical lutein. Lutein is known for its prevention of eye disease, lutein is now thought to be more protective against cancer than beta-carotene.
- Kale is one of the highest sources of antioxidant flavonoids, which prevent heart disease and regulate blood pressure.
- Kale helps regulate estrogen in women, and helps to prevent different forms of cancer including breast cancer.
Adding whey protein in the morning is a great way to give your body the protein it needs to build and repair after your boot camp workouts. And remember, this really important fact, that eating enough protein is a way you will program your body to burn fat!
Try the smoothie, and let me know what you think!