What Diet is Best For You?
With the dozens and dozens of diets out there, how do you decide what diet is best for you? There are so many choices and everyone will tell you that they have the best, most effective diet. One of your friends might be on the Zone Diet, while another is on the South Beach Diet, and yet another is on the HCG Diet. Then what about the hot new idea, The Metabolic Typing Diet?
Diet is a Four-Letter Word to Avoid!
I don’t even like to say the word diet, because to most of us women that means “deprivation.” Once you start thinking you are deprived then you quickly start thinking about when you are going to be able to eat again, right?!
Something to keep in mind when looking through the myriad of Diet Tips out there is that you need to stop thinking in terms of calories. You need to think in terms of eating high-quality, nourishing foods that feed your body, energize you and makes you feel SATISFIED. I know a lot of women who are counting calories and NOT losing weight. If it worked then everyone who was counting calories would be thin. It’s not true.
I’m not saying that you should not watch HOW MUCH you are eating, but a better way to do it is to watch your portions and eat good healthy foods. If you are not sure what good healthy foods are, you need to learn about the foods that actually cause fat-storing then you need to educate yourself and read up. READ READ READ!
The Best Diet Tip Ever!
One of the best diet tips I can give to you is READ LABELS. Sorry I didn’t mean to scream at you, but this is super important. I don’t buy anything without first reading the label. Know what you are putting into your body and in your family’s bodies!
I tell everyone that the diet that I recommend the most is the Eat Clean Diet.
It is simple and easy to follow. It is not so much a diet, it’s a way of life. So let’s take out the word diet, and just say, simply, Eat Clean.
What I also highly recommend if you want to dig deeper into your own unique body chemistry and what will give you lasting, long-term results is to learn to eat for your own body type. The Metabolic Typing Diet teaches you how to do this, in terms you will be able to live with FOREVER!
9 Diet Tips to Commit to Memory and Follow
- Eat breakfast. I’m not talking about a croissant or a cup of coffee.
- Eat as many raw foods as you can. That means it came from the earth to your mouth! No middle man, meaning no can, oven, frying pan, or microwave.
- Buy organic as much as possible.
- Watch your portions. Your protein portions should be no bigger than the palm of your hand.
- Drink Water! You must hydrate yourself throughout the day. A lot of people mistake thirst for hunger. They eat when what they really need is some water.
- Fiber fills you up and sustains you longer that food without fiber. Veggies, flaxseed, oatmeal.
- Don’t skip meals and get to the point of STARVING, because that is when you will make the worst choices. Eat throughout the day and plan ahead to have good food in tow in case you are hungry. It’s so important to know How Often To Eat!
- Avoid white flour.
- AVOID SUGAR! It makes you want to eat more of it, it’s addictive! Learn more about the worst foods for weight loss.
Eat Clean Diet. Clean Eating is not a diet, it’s a lifestyle.
The Sleep Diet. Getting enough rest ensures your body has the chance to burn fat consistently.