Studies have shown that listening to exercise music while working out increases performance and endurance and helps you blast fat faster!
Listening to music while working out motivates you, inspires you, and just makes you happier!
For most of my years of running, I never thought about exercise music when I was working out. During the first 10 years, I didn’t listen to anything at all. Then for about 10 years, I used to listen to talk radio. However, in the past two years, I started listening to music when I was running.
When I was training to run my first marathon, I put together a great playlist that quickly became my new best friend. Each day of my training runs, I could not wait to put on my headset and hit the road. I looked so forward to my runs, and a lot of it had to do with my new found love of music.
The music motivated me, pushed me, and made think about EVERYTHING. I found that when I was tired, I could put on a really energetic song, and kick it up a notch, even when I thought I had nothing left to give.
A great exercise music playlist is a must for me now, and it should be for you too, because it will keep you motivated.
One of the best ways to get you in the mood to work out and to get you MOVING is to have some great exercise music on your iPod or whatever device you use to listen to music.
4 Fabulous Benefits of Listening to Music During Exercise:
- Studies have shown that listening to music while working out increases performance and endurance because music gives you energy and distracts you from boredom or focusing on anything negative about your workout.
- Listening to music helps with motivation! Creating a great workout playlist will keep you looking forward to your time working out, because you actually look forward to listening to the music. But, be sure to keep adding new music to your playlist so you don’t get bored of the same songs.
- Having a great playlist that you can listen to will also help you to stay focused in the gym, and if you are like me, it keeps you from spending time chatting it up with people in the gym when you should be working out, because you are busy in your head listening to music and focusing on your workout.
- Listening to music just makes you feel good, and when you feel good you want work harder and make the most of your time working out!
Here are my top favorite 20 songs on my iPod right now! They are no particular order, I just love all of them! I’m dancing in my chair as I am listening to these making this list for you. I mean, how can you not dance when hear Brown Eyed Girl, right? Have fun with your music, workout, enjoy, be happy getting healthy!
My top 20 favorite songs on my iPod:
- Please Don’t Leave Me – Pink
- Club Can’t Handle Me – Flo Rida
- Dynamite – Taio Cruz
- I’m A Believer – Smash Mouth
- Tik Tok – Ke$ha
- Meet Me Halfway – Black Eyed Peas
- Armada Latina – Cypress Hill
- Hey Soul Sister – Train
- Bulletproof – LaRoux
- Love Shack – B-52’s
- Mercy – Duffy
- I Want You Back – Michael Jackson
- Haven’t Met You Yet – Michael Buble
- Hey Ya – Outkast
- Mr. Jones – Counting Crows
- Because of You – Ne Yo
- Bad Romance – Lady Gaga
- We No Speak Americano – Yolanda Be Cool and DCup
- Mas Que Nada – Sergio Mendes
- Brown Eyed Girl – Van Morrison