This green raw protein smoothie is one of my absolute favorites, and I have it several times a week, mostly before a workout.
It has a bunch of superfoods in it, and it totally satisfies because of the combo of the protein, spinach and a bit of coconut oil (for healthy fat)
It may not be the prettiest looking of the smoothies (my husband won’t even try it because it’s green — his loss!), but it’s really tasty.
I have made it for many friends who LOVE it and I tell them to be totally honest with me about the flavor, because everything in it is raw, including the raw protein!
So here is the recipe, try it for yourself!
Green (Raw Protein) Smoothie Recipe:
- 1/2 cup of water (more can be added if you need to)
- 1 whole FROZEN banana (the frozen banana is key here)
- 2 to 3 large fresh strawberries (keep the green tops on!)
- 1 scoop of Sun Warrior Raw Protein Powder
- 1 heaping teaspoon of raw cacao powder
- 1 heaping teaspoon of flaxseed meal
- 1 teaspoon of coconut oil
- 2 cups of raw spinach (basically a LARGE handful)
- 4 to 5 ice cubes (optional, but I always use them ‘cuz I like it frosty!)
Directions: Just layer the ingredients in the blender as they are listed, with the water, banana, etc, and give it a really good spin so that everything gets blended really well, and voila, a delish green, raw, protein smoothie!
Why The Spinach You Ask?
I love green smoothies because I like to find ways to add greens (veggies) to my smoothies, because frankly what they do is satisfy your hunger longer, reduce cravings, and help you to not overeat. You will notice if you start your day with what I like to call “preloading” with veggies, then your hunger pangs are less throughout the day, and you won’t snack or overeat later.
So if you think the spinach is “weird” just please try it, you won’t even notice it’s in the smoothie, I promise. The only, only thing you will notice is how yummy and satisfying it is! Enjoy!