Healthy Dinner Recipes: This is such a simple quinoa recipe and so tasty.
Quinoa is one of the ancient grains, and it’s discovery as a grain you can eat dates back 3 to 4 thousand years ago. Quinoa is a starch that you can to replace rice or pasta in any dish. It has a lot more fiber and a lot more protein and still gives you a great texture your family will like. It’s has a nutty but light texture and goes well with a lot of things.
You will see you don’t feel as full as eating rice. I have come to love this grain and it’s nutty flavor. I also use it in salads as well as a side dish with eggs. It really adds a lot of flavor as a side dish to protein, like fish and chicken too.
Quinoa is also a favorite of vegetarians and vegans because of its high protein content. Quinoa is a complete protein and contains all nine amino acids! Quinoa is one of those “carbs” that is much better to choose than your usual rice or potato or bread or pasta.
Try it out, cook this quinoa recipe and see how you like it!
Delicious Spanish Style Quinoa
- 1 c Quinoa
- 1 1/2 c Organic Pacific Chicken Broth With Reduced Sodium
- 1/2 white onion diced into small 1/4 cubes
- 1 clove garlic lightly pressed so it is pressed open
- sprig of fresh cilantro
- 1/8 tsp himalayan or celtic salt
- Put the both and water into the sauce pan. Heat on high till rolling boil.
- Add salt.
- Add rest of the ingredients.
- Let boil for one minute while stirring.
- Reduce heat to simmer and cover the pan.
- Check in 15 mins to see if all the fluids have been absorbed.
- If not stir and keep checking until it has the consistence of rice.
- Stir and fluff.
- Serve with a protein or with a salad.
This is a high fiber, high protein, high moisture recipe that gives you great energy and tastes delicious.