What are the best supplements for you to take?
Most women know that they should be supplementing their diet with certain obvious vitamins and minerals, like a good multivitamin, added calcium and vitamin C.
But there are other really important supplements that you might not know about, and these pages are to introduce you to the top supplements to help you feel great, lose weight, recover from your workouts, sleep better, relieve pain and inflammation naturally, and improve your overall health and well being.
There are a lot of supplements on the market, and it can be quite overwhelming to determine which are the best supplements for your body and your lifestyle.
5 of the Best Supplements
- Vitamins and Minerals: Vitamins and minerals play an important role in the metabolic processes of your body. It would be ideal if we could get all the vitamins and minerals we need every day from our food. But the truth is, most women, living a busy life, grabbing food on the go, do not get all the necessary vitamins and minerals that the body needs. It is a good idea to take a high quality multivitamin and mineral supplement to ensure that your body is getting all the necessary vitamins and minerals it need so that you can see the fitness results that you desire.
- Essential Fatty Acids or EFAs: EFAs are the good fats that help to raise your good cholesterol (HDL), provide immune support, improve brain function, strengthen your vascular system and aid in fat burning. A good supplement to get your EFAs are from Omega-3 fish oil capsules. Other good forms of EFAs are flax seed oil, wheat germ oil, evening primrose oil, conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) and borage seed oil.
- Protein: Your body contains thousands of different types of proteins. Protein is the basic building block of the human body. Having enough protein in your diet has many benefits such as appetite suppression, increased energy levels by stabilization of blood sugar, and muscle recovery after exercise. The recommend protein intake varies depending on your level of activity and your body weight. In order to build muscle you need about 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight per day, but spread throughout the day. You can learn how to calculate your protein needs by doing a few simple calculations. My favorite protein powder right now is from Garden of Life. I love it because it’s raw protein and made from all organic sprouted ingredients. This raw protein powder tastes a little “grittier” than other protein powders, but I don’t mind the earthy taste at all. But my hubby complains if I use it for his smoothies, so I have to trick him and put some extra banana and honey into the smoothie for him, and then he thinks its great!
- Natural Herbs: Natural herbs can be a fantastic complement to your list of best supplements. For example, turmeric is a natural anti-inflammatory and helps with pain from overworked muscles. Cayenne pepper helps to speed up weight loss by increasing your metabolism. It is also known to be a natural appetite suppressant. Ginseng is known to speed up the metabolism, boost energy levels, increase stamina, improve the immune system, and stabilize blood sugar levels. Click here for more information on natural herbs for pain.
- Green Tea: No other drink has as much fat-burning effect as green tea. Green tea has also been shown to help improve your insulin sensitivity, prevent inflammation and lower the bad LDL cholesterol. Drinking green tea also boosts your dose of minerals like manganese, selenium, chromium and zinc. One study found that drinking three cups of green tea a day helped to burn 106 calories per day, that adds up to about 11 pounds of fat lost per year. Learn more about Green Tea Benefits.